- TESAN S.P.A., Italy
- Restech SRL – Del Politcnico Di Milano, Italy
- The University of Liverpool, United Kingdom
- Tallina Tehnikaulikool, Estonia
- Universitat De Barcelona, Spain
- Uppsala Universitet, Sweden
- Universitetssykehuset Nord-Norge HF, Norway
- Community and Health Research Unit (CaHRU), University of Lincoln, United Kingdom (Professor Niro Siriwardena and Dr Jo Middlemass). Also involved will be colleagues from Lincolnshire Community Health Services.
- Bolnisnica Sezana Zavod, Slovenia.
||Feasibility study leading to a full scale study which included:
- Customisation and adaptation of the technological infrastructure in patients’ own homes.
- Conducting a feasibility study on 20 patients in 3 centres of which 5 patients will be recruited from Lincolnshire. The purpose of the feasibility study is to test the systems and the protocol for the main study.
- Qualitative feedback from users to inform possible enhancement of the system.
Full randomised controlled trial with 300 patients, of which 32 were to be recruited from Lincolnshire.
- Utility measure (EQ-5D3L) administered before and after the study.
- Measures throughout the study included, service use, symptoms checklist, hospital admissions, length of stay and readmissions.
- Dissemination of scientific evidence of project results to relevant healthcare communities including theUKand the rest ofEurope.
- A new system and ICT platform and the development of clinical guidelines that will be immediately available.
Peer reviewed publications:
- Pompilio P, Isetta V, Malinovschi A, Middlemass, Jo, Munaro G, Dalmases M, Janson C, Siriwardena, A. Niroshan, Macis R, Zanaboni P, Calverle PM, Dellaca R, Rosso R (2014) Clinical trials for elderly patients with multiple diseases (CHROMED): a pilot study. The European Respiratory Journal, 44 (Supp58): 971.
- Pompilio P, Macis R, Isetta V, Munaro G, Walker P, Castellani AP, Dalmase M, Middlemass J, Siriwardena AN, Zanaboni P, Sepper R, Prikk K, Malinovschi Andrei, Janson C, Marušiç D, Dolgan T, Dellaca RL, Calverley PMA, Rosso R, (2015) Lung function assessed by home forced oscillation and self reported symptoms during COPD exacerbations. European Respiratory Journal , 46 (Supp59): 5.2.
- Middlemass J, Siriwardena AN, Pompilio P, Isetta V, Munaro G, Castellani AP, Macis R, Zanaboni P, Calverley PM, Dellaca R, Rosso R, Windle K, Vos J, Dalmases M, Janson C, Malinovschi A. Clinical trials for elderly patients with multiple diseases (CHROMED) pilot study. In: Society for Academic Primary Care 43rd Annual Conference, 9-11 July 2014, Edinburgh.. In: Society for Academic Primary Care 43rd Annual Conference, 9-11 July 2014, Edinburgh University, Scotland.